This is part of our favourite weekend ritual at home, sitting down to a delicious and healthy cooked breakfast, accompanied by coffee and the newspapers!
Why this recipe is good for breakfast:
- Eating enough protein is essential for maintaining a healthy body. Protein at breakfast will result in a fuller feeling for longer (and avoid those blood sugar dips between meals).
- Whole eggs are incredibly nutritious, containing a very large amount of nutrients compared to calories. The nutrients are found in the yolks, while the whites are mostly protein.
- Sourdough toast with butter
- Poached eggs
- Pesto (optional)
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
Eggs on toast is pretty self-explanatory, but this is how we do it!
- Get a pan of water on the boil (we love poached eggs but you can scramble or fry or boil whole)
- Toast the bread and set out on plates, adding some slices of avocado to each plate
- Time to poach the eggs – this is really quick and you probably don’t want to end up with hard, chalky yolks, so make sure everything else is ready to go before putting them in.
- Add eggs to toast, top with pesto, and enjoy!