This is a burger with a twist! No bun to be seen here, so perfect as a low carb high fat meal. Thank you to Margaret for sending in this recipe – looks delicious and super healthy. Margaret sees Nick once a week in Brisbane for a mobile Personal Training session.
Ingredients – patty
- Mince – grass fed recommended
- Ghee or olive oil
- Mixed green leaves
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sauerkraut or dill pickles.
- Grill or fry a patty made with good quality mince; preferably grass fed. Cleavers brand do organic chuck and brisket in a 4 pack.
- Cook sliced onions in ghee or olive oil till softened; add sliced mushrooms and cook till mushrooms are soft and onions caramelised.
- Assembling the burger: in bowl place mixed green leaves, cherry tomatoes, avocado, capsicum and any other options you like. I like sauerkraut or dill pickles.
- Top with Patty, onions and mushrooms. Add some optional melted cheese over the burger.