Salmon is incredibly nutritious, rich in omega 3 fatty acids, and a great source of protein, B-vitamins, potassium and selenium – all important for optimal body and brain function. It is recommended to include at least 2 servings of fish in your weekly diet. Choose wild caught ocean fresh fish where possible, and find a good local supplier.
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp chives (chopped)
- 3 dill cucumbers
- 1 tsp capers
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 salmon fillets
- 500g baby potatoes (halved)
- 6 yellow squash (thinly sliced)
- 125g snap peas
- 125g snow peas
- Process parsley and chives then add the cucumber, capers, mustard, olive oil and lemon juice. Blitz again and when almost smooth, season.
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Add the squash and peas for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain. Add one third of the salsa verde mixture, toss to coat and set aside (covered to keep warm).
- Preheat the grill (medium-high) and place the salmon skin side up on a foil lined baking tray. Make diagonal cuts across the salmon skin with a sharp knife and lightly brush with oil.
- Cook under the grill for 2-3 minutes or until the skin is crisp. Then turn and cook for a further 5 minutes. Divide salmon and vegetables onto plates and spoon the remaining salsa verde over the salmon.