Tasting notes: distinctive nutty flavour, thick and smooth, a great mix with the pineapple, banana and almond milk – I liked it!
Crickets – related to shell fish – are the No 1 sustainable food source for the future (there are millions of these things on the planet!).
Insects have been a staple part of the diet for people in Asia, Africa and Latin America since time began, providing essential proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals – including many nutrients that the western world are deficient in.
In comparison to grass fed beef and poultry, crickets are much more environmentally friendly as they emit almost no methane gas, just 1% carbon dioxide and just a small amount of ammonia (relative to body weight). Also they grow up to 20 times faster than cows, and require half the farming area.
- The crickets outer shell contains chitin, full of probiotic goodness for gut health.
- They are a complete protein source ideal for post workout recovery
- Contain essential amino acids, Iron, calcium, vitamin B12.
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp Cricket Protein powder
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- Place all the ingredients in a Thermomix or food processor, starting with the Cricket Protein powder, and follow with the almond milk, banana, pineapple, and mint leaves.
- Mix on medium powder until all ingredients are smooth and mint leaves are fully blended.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!