Perfect to serve with granola or porridge, for getting in some extra daily greens and it tastes fab!
The acai (or assai) – a superfood berry originating from South America – is extremely rich in antioxidants, high levels of essential fatty acids, amino acids, and dietary fibre.
A small edible blackish purple berry, it grows as 80% seed, 10% pulp and 10% skin, so must be made into powder form for consumption.
- Improved cellular health helping to fight joint pain, cholesterol, skin conditions and even ageing disease like alzheimers
- Clearer healthier skin
- An increase in energy levels
- Better digestion caused in part by the high fibre levels
- Improved immune system
Acai bowl classic
- ½ banana (frozen)
- 1 handful mixed frozen berries
- ¼ of an avocado
- big handful of spinach (or kale)
- 1 tsp acai powder
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- water or milk of choice as needed.
- Blend together until you reach your preferred consistency
- Top with chopped nuts, seeds, cacao nibs, buckinis, shredded coconut, sultanas etc.
Green power acai bowl
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup spinach leaves
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp Acai powder
- Blend all ingredients together & pour into a bowl.
- Serve with chia Seeds, sliced kiwi fruit & fresh strawberries.