Colourful fruits and vegetables contain so many minerals and vitamins that are essential for a healthy mind and body. Infact, the more foods with the colours of the rainbow that you can eat every day, the better.
- 1 orange carrot
- 1 purple carrot
- 1 zucchini
- Fresh herbs
- Nuts and seeds
- Using a vegetable peeler or special grater, process the vegetables into long ribbons.
- Add to a bowl and gently mix with freshly picked herbs (coriander, mint, chopped chives, basil) and some nuts or seeds.
Some dressings ideas
Blend the following together for some delicious dressings to make your salad zing!
- 1 Tb x organic/vegan red curry paste
- 2 Tb x cashew, peanut or almond butter
- 1 whole lime (skin removed)
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup cold pressed sesame oil.
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 clove garlic
- 1/2 medium/mild chilli
- Dash of extra virgin olive oil
- A few fresh basil leaves
- A good squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 x red capsicum (seeds and pith removed)
- black pepper and salt to taste
You can also toss this salad with a chilli sauce and add to cooked pasta.