This is a quick and easy banana smoothie recipe – with almond milk, greek yoghurt and flaxseeds – perfect for a super healthy breakfast or as a snack. First though, here are:
5 banana-ry facts
- There are over 1000 different varieties of bananas growing around the world.
- The Cavendish variety was named after William Cavendish, 6th Duke of Devonshire, and was first grown in the greenhouses at Chatsworth House in the UK in 1830.
- Bananas are a great source of antioxidants, vitamins, protein, potassium and dietary fibre.
- I love bananas. I have a banana as a snack first thing almost every day, and more on days when I am cycling or running. Based on my age (and average consumption of 1 banana per day), I have eaten 17,155 bananas and still going strong!
- I once went to a fancy dress party dressed as Banana Man, and drove through South London dressed in a life size banana ‘onesie’ … with the Pink Panther sat beside me. Ha Ha – yes Jonathan H you know who you are! We stopped at several traffic lights on the journey and received quite a mix of reactions 😉
- 2 cups frozen sliced bananas
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tbs flaxseed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a Thermomix or blender and mix at high speed until smooth consistency.
- Add more almond milk for a more liquid smoothie if desired.